Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test
The FM100 Hue Test is an easy-to-administer test and a highly effective method for measuring an individual's color vision.
Used by industry for over 40 years, the test is used to evaluate and rank color acuity.
This portable, 15-minute test analyzes how accurately you see color. The easy-to-use scoring software indicates where you have a color vision deficiency such as color blindness.
About the Test
The Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test itself is used to separate persons with normal color vision into classes of superior
, average and low color discrimination and to measure the zones of color confusion of color defective people. Some examples of its use are:
• Examination of inspectors of color goods, color graders and color matchers
• Testing for type and degree of color defectiveness
• Detection of poor color vision in sales people
• Selection of applicants for vocational training
• Design of specialized tests for color vision
• Independent control on validity of other color vision tests.
• The test consists of four trays containing a total of 85 removable color reference caps (incremental hue variation) spanning the visible spect
• Color vision abnormalities and aptitude are detected by the ability of the test subject to place the color caps in order of hue.
• The four trays are boxed in a handsome carrying case.
• The test must be administered under controlled daylight conditions such as that provided by PANTONE Color Viewing Lights.
• FM 100 Hue Test Scoring Software included with test purchase.
• System requirements: MAC OS X, Windows 98, Windows XP or Windows 2000
• Test complies with ISO and other quality system requirements.